We take the privacy and confidentiality of our clients, potential clients, ex-clients and their affiliates very seriously and we are committed to protecting it.
The personal information we collect and use
When you make an enquiry to us, via our website, in person, by email, letter or telephone we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- contact information including email address and telephone numbers
- other information relevant to your enquiry / case
By submitting your details you are requesting us to process your personal data to enable us to provide information or assistance, to you and we will use and store your information for that purpose.
How we use your personal information
If you are contacting us about a potential legal case or matter we will use your personal information for the purposes of dealing with your enquiry to:
- consider if we should provide legal services to you in accordance with our procedures for accepting instructions
- provide legal services to you
- help us prevent money laundering
- verify your identity to help us prevent fraud
- respond to claims, exercise and defend your legal rights
- keep you informed of legal developments
- help us improve our services
If you contact us for a non-case related query we will use your personal information to respond to your enquiry.
Who we share your personal information with
If you become a client, we may pass your personal data onto third parties in order to assist us to investigate or progress your case, provide you with legal services or comply with legal obligations. For example, counsel, medical experts, actuarial experts, the Court, the other party, the other party’s solicitor or any other party involved in your case.
Third parties are obliged to keep your details securely and use them only to fulfil the service they provide us on your behalf. This data sharing enables us to provide an efficient service to you in order to progress your matter.
In addition we may use third-party service providers and your personal data may be shared in the process of providing services to us.
- off-site archiving and storage facilities
- IT (including back-up) services; and
- banking facilities
- ID verification services and money laundering checks
Liston Flavin may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe such an action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property and personal safety of our company name and its website.
Transfers of personal data to non-EEA countries
We will only transfer your personal data to countries which are recognised as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights. This may be because you have instructed us or where we enter into standard European Commission approved data protection contracts. Remote access to our systems is on authorised devices only and appropriate technical safeguards are applied to protect personal data.
You have a number of rights. Those include rights to:
- request access to copies of the personal data we hold about you and further information in relation to its processing, or else request that such information be supplemented, updated or rectified
- request erasure, anonymisation or blocking of your personal data that is processed in breach of the law
- object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal data. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your personal data; if that is the case, we will let you know why
- withdraw your consent. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal
- lodge a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and include proof of identification.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. Each time you use this website the current Privacy Statement will apply, and you should review it each time you use the website to satisfy yourself that you are happy with it. We will take your continued use of our services after that date as your acceptance of the change.